- Writing (both creatively and academically) is more rewarding in college because you're allowed more freedom.
- Citations are serious business because now I'm in the "real" world (not that they weren't serious in high school, just now more-so than ever).
- Living in the center of campus is really, really convenient.
It feels like everything is just 5 minutes away.
- Sleep is vital. "Important" doesn't seem to do it justice. I know you've probably heard it a thousand times (& so have I), how you "need your sleep," but it's only been while being here, on my own particularly, that I've learned the role sleep plays in our lives.
I think we all know this feeling a little too well.
- Friends are great, but if you want time alone that's fine too! Really, your social life is what you make of it and it should never make you uncomfortable.
- Finally, and I'll definitely talk about this more, time management is really difficult but also completely essential. Oberlin students are very busy, generally too-much-so, and learning how to manage your time is important when there are so many great things to do.
These are just a few things I've learned while here, and I'm sure these will be elaborated upon as I keep going through this journey.