Here we are at the start of a new semester, and we find ourselves with some empty blogger positions. Interested? Read on!
Same deal as always...
We are looking for great storytelling first and foremost, but we remain excited to experiment with additional forms of media that can be used to translate Oberlin to the web. Options include:
1) Writing. The foundation of the blogging world. You're a word weaver, one who sees narratives at every turn. You can't keep your fingers off a keyboard or a pen for very long.
To apply, please share a portfolio of your best writing. Links to your favorite entries in your current blog would be perfect if you have one; if not, we recommend uploading your content to Tumblr or Wordpress. You're welcome to submit additional multimedia content with your blog entries, but your writing should be the primary focus.
2) Video. Your world isn't just words. It's a moving, living, breathing, immersive experience.
To apply, please share examples of your video work (ideally via YouTube or Vimeo) and a list of ideas of stories you would be interested in producing as a video blogger.
3) Photography. A picture is worth a thousand words, and you take a lot of pictures. As a photo blogger, the Oberlin blogs will be the primary home for your Oberlin adventures, but we'll also incorporate your work into certain print publications, mostly for Admissions.
To apply, please share your photography portfolio (ideally via Instagram or Flickr) and create two sample photo essays, supplemented as you see fit with writing or captions.
4) Audio. You're a public radio junkie and inspired by Radiolab and This American Life. The audio landscape is your playground.
To apply, please share examples of your audio work and a list of ideas of stories you would be interested in producing as an audio blogger.
5) Illustration/Art/Comics/Graphic Novels/Etc. Pitch your idea; the sky's the limit.
To apply, please share an overview of your vision and provide a portfolio to back it up.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Applications for all blogger types are due on Monday, February 18th. Please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following info:
a) a link to a relevant portfolio (options above)
b) your major or intended major
c) a brief overview of what you do outside of class (athletics, student orgs, etc.)
d) your local residence (dorm or off-campus) as well as your hometown
e) a few sentences on why you want this job
We look forward to receiving your applications!
All the best,
The Blogger Selection Committee